In our neck of the woods we have year round school. Stella just went off track yesterday and now has two and half weeks to play at home and adventure with mom and the boys. Because they won't be in school before Mother's Day, they sent their homemade gifts home early and Stella just couldn't wait to give me her sweet heartfelt gift. And because my inner faucet hasn't turned off since I had children, of course I cried when I opened the hand decorated wrapping paper to find three things. First a portrait of me with a note on the back, second a poem with her handprint and third a thank you book. A blurb from the note read, "...I love you to pieces. You can do anything. You are the best mom..." Every day you wonder if you are doing the right thing. Giving them the consistency and tools they need to prosper in this world. But when my sweet 7 year old daughter said I could do anything, it made me cry. I hope she knows that she can do anything. She also made a little thank you book full of stuff she loves and I noticed her pointing out the very simple things like playing tag and hide and seek with her. She ended the book with "my mom is sweet and nice" and I am glad she can say this because I also have a lot of spice. Thank you sweet Stella for making your Mom feel like a queen everyday and not just Mother's Day.


1 comments:
Sorry to all the moms in Stella's class that haven't opened their mother's day gifts. Oops!
Post a Comment