Spencer and I tried for years to get a baby and were finally blessed with this beautiful baby girl (not to mention two surprises that came shortly after). It is really difficult for me to think about her growing up. And not being a little girl who wants to have tea parties and dress up. This week was her first week of first grade and it wasn't easy for me. I wasn't prepared but she was so excited! She said to Spencer and I, "I am really excited...and a little nervous!" Her teacher, Ms. Hansen is so kind and pretty too. The stuff little girls love! I think what she was really looking forward to was lunch and two recesses. I hope she isn't too disappointed with the less than palatable lunches. I have been sending her lunches on the days she doesn't recognize what is on the menu. So far she has NOT mentioned what a long day it is but I have noticed. I have expected her to be exhausted only to find her energetic and happy at the end of the day. And so I smile and shed a tear as I enter into a new stage of parenthood. We love you Stella bug.

I am off to school with lunch in hand. It will be fine mom, stop the tears.
Stella and a few of her buddies lining up. She is lucky to have several of her friends in her class.

Stella and her new teacher-Ms. Hansen

7 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm right there with you sapping away. It must be so hard to see your little babygirl go off to big girl school. It looks like she is doing great.
She looks so cute and so grown up! Don't worry you still have a lot of fun things to enjoy with her :) It does all go by so fast though.
Hope it's a great year for all of you. She looks very happy and cute in her in her outfit!
Sometimes I think the transition to 1st grade is a bigger step than starting kindergarten... all day long seems so much more than the few hours they went to kindergarten. She looks darling and confident and ready to conquer the world!
I'm a sappy mom myself. She looks so cute. All day does seem like a huge step.
I cannot believe Stella is in 1st grade! I hope she ahs a wonderful year! It is always so much harder on the moms! :)
k- I'm getting teary as I read this. I remember when Brittan started 1st grade. I was SOOOO glad I was wearing dark sunglasses. It was the moment I realized my little girl was growing up.
She looks and sounds happy.
Post a Comment