Spencer was reading Stella and Miles the story The Little Red Hen. The story of the hen that asks the pig, dog and duck to help her plant the seeds, harvest the grain, grind the bread, and make the bread. Of course none of them wanted to help out...until it came time to eat the bread! And the hen ate it all by herself. Stella said, "hey that is like mom." Mom is the red hen and I am the pig, Brighton is the dog, and Miles is the duck. Ha! I just love when one of my children recognizes all the work of a mother and those little animals that aren't always helpful. So yesterday when I made yummy banana bread for FHE I was tempted to eat it all by myself. But the truth is that I love those little ones and would share all my bread even on the days they are less helpful.
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago


2 comments:
I love that story. So true!
That is too cute and too, too true. You're way ahead of the game there Mama if you can get them to make connections like that so early on in their lives. Nice!
Post a Comment