Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Big Ballet Debut










Miss Stella ballerina queen had her big debut at Kingsbury Hall at the U of U! It was quite the production and very entertaining. They had the little girls performances intertwined with the dance company dancers. We arrived at 12:30pm and entered through the back down into the dressing rooms below. My first time behind the stage in this beautiful building. I got her dressed and then LEFT my 6 year old not to see her again until on stage and then not to pick her up until five. It was hard for me to leave her but she was so excited to hang out with all her dancer friends. So we watched and waited and watched and waited..then finally little Stella came out in all her glory. I actually teared up to see my little girl in all confidence and grace perform in front of all those people like it was no big deal. This is the first year since she began dance that they were dancing and not just up there doing a cute little jig. Can you tell I was so proud. What a sweet and beautiful girl she is. I am grateful to have her.

These shots are from the dress rehearsal the day before because there was no photography or recording during the actual recital. So we spent two days up at Kingsbury Hall. Stella was so excited about the performance and happy to see mom, flowers in hand, after it was all over. I am sure she will remember the ice-cream after the most! Video post to come.

9 comments:

CB said...

Oh, chills. I remember the many, many nights of Nutcracker performances when my mom would leave me backstage and not see me again until after the performance. Part of the fun of backstage was bonding with the other dancers and having the chance to interact with the older, pro dancers. Stella looks amazing. So, so sweet. :)

Seth and Karen said...

What a little princess. How fun. I still remember when I would dance. Too bad we don't have excuses to get all dolled up like that anymore!

Utah McMonsters said...

Hi Kristy, it is Danica! I jsut thought I would leave a comment soyou could find me! What a cutie pie. I am sure you were so proud. What a sweet little girl.

Jen said...

What pretty pics. She looks so much like you in a few of those.

Lisa R.D. said...

She looks so grown up! It looks like it was a very fun performance, she radiates happiness!

Paul and Becky said...

I love your blogs, your family is beautiful, you guys look so happy. I didn't realize you live close to my family, here's few names-David and DeAnn Thompson, Jeana and Glynn Larson...know them? I was just there for Women's Conference, next time I'll call.

sachia said...

Your little Stella is darling in her ballerina outfit. It's so fun to see her very proud parents too. I bet she loved those colorful flowers you guys brought her. I need to meet these cutie pies!

Rina said...

She looks like a doll!!! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets teary eyed when my kids perform.

Christy P. said...

Next time you are at Kingsbury you should stop by - our house is so close!