Our world has been so busy crazy and I am doing a little catch up in the blog world. This month we took a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate the life of Spencer's grandpa Herman Zobrist. It is no secret that Las Vegas is not my ideal place to visit or live. But it was nice to go and do some of my favorite things there and to honor Spencer's Grandparents.
Spencer and his Grandma Virginia at the funeral Luncheon.
Spencer's siblings.
One of my favorite things about Vegas is my brother Jay and his great family. We were able to stay at their home while there.Here is Bruce (or Simon) one of their turtles that lives in the habitat they built for them.
Miles and Stella loved checking out the turtles on a daily basis.
Red Rock Canyon is also a fun place to walk around and enjoy nature. Something rare in Vegas.
Friends!! That made such a difference for me living in Vegas. Here is one of Stella's favorite friends Teagan. Too bad she ran into the pole above the slide and chipped a tooth at this park.
So sad...that lip was swollen for three days. At least they are baby teeth. She will be visiting the dentist soon.
My brothers house is loaded with fun stuff to do...like cars, a pool, playground, and video games. Miles wanted to move in.
The splash parks are fabulous and nice on those long hot Vegas days.
Brighton jumped right in.
Check out that super model move!

Spencer and his Grandma Virginia at the funeral Luncheon.
Spencer's siblings.
One of my favorite things about Vegas is my brother Jay and his great family. We were able to stay at their home while there.Here is Bruce (or Simon) one of their turtles that lives in the habitat they built for them.
Miles and Stella loved checking out the turtles on a daily basis.
Red Rock Canyon is also a fun place to walk around and enjoy nature. Something rare in Vegas.
Friends!! That made such a difference for me living in Vegas. Here is one of Stella's favorite friends Teagan. Too bad she ran into the pole above the slide and chipped a tooth at this park.
So sad...that lip was swollen for three days. At least they are baby teeth. She will be visiting the dentist soon.
My brothers house is loaded with fun stuff to do...like cars, a pool, playground, and video games. Miles wanted to move in.
The splash parks are fabulous and nice on those long hot Vegas days.
Brighton jumped right in.
Check out that super model move!Over all our trip to Vegas was good. It was nice to visit with family and friends and to remember there were some things we liked about Vegas. Also to reflect upon this life we live. Life seems to sneak up on you. I am trying to keep life simple but lately we have been sprinting through it. After attending two funerals within two weeks I have been thinking about how important it is to accomplish your life goals, to treat those you care about with love and respect, and to enjoy life as it happens.
Oct 2 Spencer's grandpa Herman Zobrist died at the age of 88. He left a great legacy with six children, 34 grandchildren, and over 100 great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. I remember riding in his Lincoln Town Car on the way home from the airport and feeling so small in this huge car. Spencer and I were returning from a trip from Europe and I have never seen Grandpa Zobrist talk with so much enthusiasm and spirit. He himself was a world traveler and loved talking to us about our travels. Grandpa Herman told us to take advantage of our adventures because we may not get another chance. I will take that advice and take full advantage of life.Grandpa Zobrist sealed Spencer and I for eternity in the Mt.Timpanogas Temple and I will always be grateful for this gift. Stella lovingly called him Grandpa "Obis". We love you and look forward to seeing you again Grandpa Obis.

All of his grandchildren traveled to Las Vegas for the funeral. I am sure Herman was happy to have such a reunion to celebrate his life. Until we meet again.

2 comments:
That is a sweet tribute. I love the Grandpa Obis! You got some cute pics in Vegas. I came home with a picture of Heather and I's feet in the pool and not a good one either, oops.
It was so good to see you & Spencer and your adorable kiddos! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love hearing about "Grandpa Obis"
Post a Comment