Wednesday, October 29, 2008

BOO at the ZOO

The sweet fairy filling up her bucket with good things!
Music for all to enjoy while strolling the zoo in this beautiful fall weather! Speed Racer(minus his helmet) and the princess fairy Miss Stella!


A dazed Chim Chim. Brighton is Chim Chim, Speed Racer's family pet!

The whole family. Spencer and I did not wear our Mom and Pops Racer costumes but there are more pictures to come....



Since we are zoo regulars we thought we would take them to the Halloween event there! Well...so did everyone else in Utah. The road was backed up down Foothill Drive. (a long way for those that don't know) In fact I got an email because I am a zoo member that 23,497 people attended the Boo at the Zoo! This number broke a 25 year record for number of Zoo visitors in a single day. Twenty-five years ago ZCMI sponsored a free zoo day and there were around 17,000 attendees. But after we got inside we had a great time. They had sponsors handing out candy to trick-or-treaters, live music, and it was so fun to see so many different costumes! We only saw one other Speed Racer!The weather was beautiful and the animals seemed active (or agitated) with all the excitement!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know you but I like monkeys and I never been to zoo but I like monkeys. You post more monkey pictures ya, ok...

Lisa R.D. said...

Quite a random comment above... but oh well :).

Your pictures are so cute! I think we need to see "Speed Racer" (it's a movie, right?).

Kristy said...

Speed Racer is an old 70's cartoon that they based the new movie after. Miles actually loves the old cartoons. The movie is a little to high impact for his little brain! I supect the strange comment is my husband playing a prank on me. He better watch out or he will get tricks instead of treats! Happy Halloween!

CB said...

Lotsa Halloween fun! Glad to see my husband is not the only one who harrasses his wife by leaving anonymous comments on her blog! :)