It is a bountiful season and I have to admit it makes me giddy! I really love to visit all the farmer's markets, big and small. Buying local food makes me feel happy and healthy. This summer the UTA trax system opened up in our neighborhood taking us all the way downtown in about 30 minutes. Not only was it a fun day at the market, the kids were in love with the train ride down there. It is like taking a mini vacation or stay-cation, if you can stand that word. If you have ever been to the Salt Lake City Farmer's market you know that it is an experience. There is a lot of color to see, tasting and smelling wonderful food, music to hear, and all sorts of textures to pick up and touch...just about fills your five sense capacity. I wish I would have had my camera to capture some of it but we did manage to get a few camera phone shots. Lucky for us a band Spencer loves happened to be playing. So we spent about 3-4 hours at the market taking it all in. And if you can get past the germ issue with A LOT of people touching and tasting everything also the really gross outhouses, it is a great and unique experience for the whole family. There are so many interesting characters. I don't want my children too sheltered but just enough. I want them to see and accept all sorts of cool people and places. Because they surely will be missing out if they limit the amount of people and experiences they take interest in. So a market of unique foods, sound, and people is something I must do every fall. But maybe only once or twice to the big one and the smaller farmer's markets to pick up large quantities of local produce. Happy Harvest!


The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago

3 comments:
Thanks for brightening my day and Thanks for the invite. I pretended I sat down on that cute chair of yours that you have up and enjoyed the read.
I have always wanted to go to the Farmer's Market in SLC, but I never seem to find my way there. Hopefully someday...
I love the farmer's market! I try to go at least once each year. You are brave to take all the kids though. It's gotten out of control with the crowds now, but still a fun adventure. Happy Harvet to you too!
Post a Comment