Is happiness a choice? Not always, but most often yes! In honor of a new semester I thought I should dedicate at least one post to my new health and nutrition courses. Recently we discussed psychosocial health and what choices we have in that portion of our health. Optimism can be detected scientifically because happy people can better utilize their neurotransmitters found in the brain. It is not an old wives tale that laughter is the best medicine. It can relieve stress and a negative thought process. If a healthy dose of laughter was used to keep stressors at bay we could curb the long term effects that stress puts on our body. Speaking personally I feel a good healthy laugh does wonders for me, a much need rejuvenation. Sharing inside jokes or having humor in relationships can make them long lasting. Happiness is there we just need to dig deep and allow ourselves to be happy. I recently came across a quote that sparked my interest, "If you want to be happy, be."Luckily I am positive by nature and lucky for those that are not among the optimistic bunch, you can always change your mind about being happy

According to the text book, do something that makes you happy every day. I guess I can live with that. Here is one thing that makes me happy...kayaking around the lake with my cute kids!
1 comments:
Great thoughts! Thanks!
Post a Comment