Sunday, April 3, 2011

There is Beauty All Around

My heart is heavy for so many family members on the Snyder and Carter side. Members who are going through very personal and heartbreaking trials. As indicated in my last post about my niece Alie. Another one of my brothers, Rod and his family, whom we are very close to are moving to a different state. We have friends going through their own set of life changing trials. Just today we found that the wife of a friend and co-worker of Spencer's passed away after a long battle with cancer. Leaving behind four small children. It is hard not to consume the sadness and hardship of those around you, that you love. I toss and turn at night, shed tears, and constantly want to find ways to help. At times it consumes all my thoughts and it is a challenge to focus on anything else but helping my brother find something to help his daughter or to find a way to help those struggling in Spencer's family. Or help a friend who is struggling. It is difficult to understand at times and I almost feel guilty for the smooth sailing in my own small family. What lies around the corner for us? As we discussed this, at our weekly family dinner at my parents, my sister in law said she too takes on the burden of others. But she had to learn to trust God. That it is in His hands. That we can help, love, and support with the strength and talents that we are given. But the rest we have to turn over to Him. I loved all the messages given in general conference. I love spending time with my immediate and extended family. We were able to have a fast and family prayer for my dear sweet niece Alie. We are praying for answers and a miracle. And amongst all this heartache I see beauty all around. I look out my bedroom window and see the steeples of the temple. The little daffodils peeking out from the freshly fallen spring snow. I can hear the laughter of my kids as Spencer gives them shoulder rides. And I feel love all around. Life is hard but life is good.

4 comments:

Charakie said...

Hey Kristy,

I have sent you a couple emails regarding Alie, I hope you've received them. If not, will you call me and give me your correct email address? #801-404-2059

Charakie

Kristy said...

Hi Charakie
I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it. For some I reason I didn't get yours. Talk to you soon.

CB said...

Beautiful Kristy. I think that for the most part, that's what we do. I think wanting to ease others of their burdens comes from a testimony of our Savior. And from feeling true love for those around you. :) None of which makes it any easier when we struggle with what to do, though. Hope your families are finding strength from those who love them.

Michele said...

Thank you for your thoughts and your post about your niece. I have come to recognize that life is bitter-sweet. It could be so easy to simply slide into a life of bitterness. Focusing on the beauty, the light and the love around us is important, it keeps us firmly on the sweet side side of life. No matter how much heart-ache we are asked to endure. Love you. Your family is in my prayers.