Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring trip to the Desert

Our annual spring trip with the Burbanks took place in the beautiful land of Moab and Arches National Park. It is always an adventure full of laughs and good times with these good friends.

I LOVE their little faces expressing pure joy. A little fresh air makes these little ones down right giddy! Miles took a spill at the bottom of this hill and it looked like he went completely under the sand. He was spitting sand and covered head to toe but he thought the whole stunt was awesome!

It was only mid 50s with a breeze but the children thought this was perfect swimming weather. The parents stood on the side lines ready to rescue any drowning children. But there was no way I was getting in that campground pool.
Zax became our official eating place for the trip. We packed our lunches but hit this restaurant for dinner and one morning for breakfast. Kid friendly and decent food. The kids loved sporting the bandanna napkins as head wear.

The last day we hiked to Landscape Arch. It is very thin and the arch with the largest width span in the world. A must see in Arches. Brighton really likes to wear his hat sideways like the "Dudes." On the way down from this hike I pulled a classic Kristy move, stepped into a pothole, and did a major tumble. If you look really close you can see my scuffed up knee in the bottom group picture. Brighton said "I just thought you were doing a cartwheel mom."


Rejuvenating trips like these do make me want to do cartwheels. So glad for beautiful places to visit and good friends to visit with.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That was fun!

CB said...

Yeah for good memories with good friends. Sometimes that is exactly what my soul needs. :)

sachia said...

Hey dollface! It's Sachia typing in the wee hours of the morning on my mother in law's computer...chalk it up to having a newborn. I have been looking ofr you on facebook...please be my friend:

Sachia Martin Willis.....

I'm waiting!

love-

Sachia

Tara said...

I love reading your blog. You are such a fun mom!

Kristy said...

Hey Sachia- I will find you in facebook land! How is the new baby?

Tara-Thanks! You might have to confirm that with the kids. Seems like Dads are always the fun ones!