Its my BIRTHDAY! Or least it was last week. Whoaa.....I am 34, not really a spring chicken anymore. It was fun to have it fall on a Friday. A group of friends took me to lunch the day before my birthday at a local Gelato shop with Italian sandwiches that will make your mouth water. My mom and sister also took me to lunch and shopping on the actual big day! And then Spencer and I headed to Park City for a night away. Good karma seemed to follow us around. As we sat down at my favorite Mexican restaurant on Park City main, the Blue Iguana, another customer handed us their extra coupon slashing our meal price in half. We had a fantastic waitress that let us try every mole in the house and they were all very tasty. I had the best homemade tamales I have ever tasted. We strolled through book shops and chocolate shops reminding me of all the times we used to browse the local book shops and find good treats while we did it. When we got back to the hotel we found a GIANT slice of chocolate cake and a card from the front desk. They noticed it was my birthday on my license. I called and thanked them and the front desk clerk, Dana, became my new best friend. We headed out to the hot tub to find it was covered, no problem we just peeled back the cover enough to slip in. It felt so rebellious and relaxing surrounded by snow covered mountains. The cement around the extremely warm pool and hot tub were heated! I took advantage of swimming outdoors in the winter the next morning as well.Saturday we went to the outlets for a few Christmas items, went to lunch, and then spent the rest of the afternoon snowshoeing. I was so happy to find that snowshoeing didn't bother my knee at all. I NEED to get out in the winter and breathe the fresh cool air. So if I can't ski this year at least I can snowshoe. Sunday we celebrated with chocolate mint cake with the kids and my family. And so my friends, family, husband, and even desk clerks put the HAPPY in my birthday. And I didn't even snap any photos. But my dad did get a few of me blowing out the candles, so I will post them later if I can get a hold of them. Maybe the good karma means this next trip around the sun will be a grand one!
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago


3 comments:
Happy Late birthday lady!! Got your adorable Christmas card...love it. Thanks a bunch!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating.
Happy Birthday! Thanks for spending it with us, we feel lucky! Share your experience and any photos when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.
Post a Comment