This has to be my 8th Young Women in Excellence. But I have to say one of my favorite. The theme was based upon Joshua 1:8. A scripture that talks about courage. So around this scripture we developed a medieval knighthood banquet. The program was amazing as we talked about Joan of Arc, had musical numbers (like a trumpet solo of As Zions Youth), knighted each girl, and honored them for all their accomplishments. We even had two girls receive their medallions. Hooray! The spread was fantastic with one of the best salads and trifle desserts I have tasted. We had a big turkey, roasted potatoes, artisan bread, salads, and fruit platters. I have been accused of being a foodey. I guess you could be called worse but according to my taste buds the food was great and everyone was smiling. The parents and girls lingered and mingled for a long time without rushing out the door. A good indicator to me that it was a success. Until next year, unless heaven forbid I am released from the Young Women's program. It has been almost a decade!


3 comments:
Looks like you've pulled off yet another wonderful Young Womens event! I can't believe you're still serving in the YW program. I just got called to be the Primary President in our ward...120 kids! It's a bit out of my league, but I'm learning ;)
I am always amazed by your YW events. You do a beautiful job! What a blessing to be in a calling you love for so long.
You are obviously meant to be there. I will know who to call if I ever get put back into Young Womens!
Post a Comment