Here is what we have been doing to get ready for the big day.
DECORATIING....
We created our gingerbread house for Jesus because there was no room in the inn.
And Decked the halls both inside and out. I love fresh garland and wreaths. But we will stick with our fake pre-lit tree!

CREATING...
I like to make a least one homemade gift every year. This year Stella and I made these cute headbands for her friends. And because it involved a lot of hot glue, it was really me who was doing the creating and her the packaging.



WRAPPING....
S for Santa , Snyder, Silly , Sappy, Sentimental Christmas. I LOVE to package things.
Baking....
This one causes me a little anxiety as I bake 15+ loaves of this bread in one day. I only do it one day and deliver it warm to friends and neighbors. But its a great tradition that comes from our Swiss heritage. Spencer is the master bread braider. Of course we save a loaf or two for dinner.
Counting....
Counting down the days with our advent calendar and finding prizes from our elf, Buddy. Buddy keeps the kids in order so they stay off the naughty list. Its going to be close but I think they just might make the nice list.


REMEMBERING...
And finally we are trying to put the Savior in the center of our Season.
All this and a little dose of stress, a little dash of Joy and you have got yourself a Snyder Christmas! Happy Holidays.

2 comments:
It is fun to see some of your projects and decorations! I was feeling a little stressed out, but looking at this post helped me remember to smile and breathe!
So fun to see all the Christmas traditions. I too like the homemade route and try to do it. Now my eyes are strained and my back aching, but they are done! :) The bread was delicious!
Post a Comment