Everyday my kids wake up to find clean clothes in their drawers. There is breakfast ready for them. They go to a nice school where the teacher has prepared something great for them to learn. And then return again to a warm home where Mom helps them with their homework. They get to play with their friends and go to their various extracurricular activities. After that they enjoy a warm meal at the table with the family at almost exactly 5:30 p.m. every night. Take a bubble bath, have shoulder rides with Dad, and read books. Does this consistency make our everyday blessing seem obsolete? Have we become so spoiled and comfortable with our lives that we forget to look closely and dissect into the many blessings of our lives? I would say I am cheery and optimistic for the most part. In fact I have been accused of being unrealistic with my positive outlook. It would be an interesting experiment to really mix up my family's day with all the things they expect to be missing and to feel a little discomfort. Just for one day. But....
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment