Monday, September 20, 2010

I Felt It


I felt it, that cool crisp nip in the air one morning when I woke up. I crave the change of the seasons, need them, depend upon them for a change of scenery similar to going on a much needed vacation. This year it completely snuck up on me. When I had knee surgery it was still HOT HOT HOT and summer time. When I emerged from my cave nearly 5 weeks later I found fall and it felt so refreshing. A neighbor of mine brought pumpkin bread to the door and in my excitement I screeched, "Hooray it is FALL!" A time I look forward to yet is too brief around here. The mountains turn all shades of orange, red, and yellow. We spend extra time appreciating those huge Wasatch mountains driving with the windows down, letting the cool fall air rush in. Fall picnics and hikes, lift rides, and huge leaf piles all traditions I look forward to every year. The foliage on the farm die down and what was a field of green turn into pumpkin patches. The gardens and farmer's markets are full of local produce and my bags are filled to the brim. Everyone seems somewhat rejuvenated, woken up from the draining heat of the summer. Even if a longer winter (that I love for different reasons) looms over head Fall is such a celebration in my neck of the woods. Welcome Fall, stay awhile.

MILCREEK CANYON and Dirty, Happy Kids

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Darling pictures! I'm excited for fall too, I love this season!

It was so fun to see you on Saturday night. I'm glad your knee is feeling better :).

Kristy said...

It was good to see you as well. I was looking for you after to see that cute baby.

I am glad my knee is doing so much better as well. Looking forward to it being fully functional.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

CB said...

Yay for actually having a fall. We are still feeling the triple digits here. I am beginning to wonder if we will even see winter down here in Vegas this year. :)