Monday, January 18, 2010

Pie anyone?


Happy Day of Human Celebration. Tonight we talked about Martin Luther King with the kids for family night. We discussed how we are all different..red hair,black, tall, blue eyes, smart, musically talented etc.. and that it is so important to celebrate those differences. To love one another just as Jesus taught. We also made a banana cream pie and pointed out how chocolate pie, cookies, cake, etc were good too just different. This really made sense to the little ones and it is something I have always been so passionate about. Because we are all just cake and cookies right?

3 comments:

Nat said...

Wow! Good idea. Wish I had read that sooner. Next year we'll have to give that a go (or sooner... I suppose we don't have to wait for a holiday to teach that truth huh?)

Charakie said...

LOVE that idea! My kids always learn better when there's treats involved :) Hope all is well with you guys.

Lisa R.D. said...

What a great idea... we talked about our heavenly family (from the RS/EQ lesson book) and totally could have/should have tied that in... earlier in the day we talked about Martin Luther King, Jr. but it would have been nice to tie it all together. I'll be on it next year...