Teaching your children to work is WORK! Spencer was taught at a young age to work and work hard. He was up feeding the horses, baling hay, laying brick, etc. And it has paid off in his work ethics. I really want my children to have a good sense of work but the challenge is making it fun and fulfilling for them. Brighton loves the broom and pushes it around as one of his favorite pass times. Often when I am cleaning I will give them Clorox wipes to follow me around and clean with. Brighton loves to help load the dryer! Stella will make her own grocery list and cross the items off as we collect them at the store. She also loves to learn how to fold the laundry. But don't ask her to clean her room! I guess adding a spoonful of sugar or whistling may be the key to helping them learn fun found in work and seeing the result will help in the fulfillment. I know just by watching us work they realize that it is part of life and hopefully understand the character that it builds up in them! But for now, just one baby step at a time.
The Miracle of Aaron
9 years ago


5 comments:
I'm hoping by training them now, by they time they are 10, they can do the whole house while I do something fun! :)
Yeah...that sounds nice!
The other day Emmalee was upstairs folding the laundry while I was downstairs...so funny. The clothes were lined up in these crumpled piles all down the hall. She LOVES laundry right now. And my dear Isaac was trying to sweep the counter today.
O isn't that the trick. We're still trying to do the same thing. It's hard at times. But I think somedays it's paying off when Andrew came up to me and asked, "Mom, I dusted. Any other chores you want me to do?" Yes!!! He is finally understanding that if he gets "chores" done, he can play the Wii.
You have such a cute family. I love all the new photos.
Can't wait until my kids can clean the house while I take a nap! I love your pics that Naomi took, the one of you and Spencer is BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment