Well it is on to the next Holiday! I just can't hide my festiveness. The season of gratitude is upon us and I really think we have so much to be thankful for. Especially on the eve of election day. On a lighter note...I am really grateful for all the yummy treats this time of year. And if you want a great alternative or partner for the pumpkin pie try out this delicious PUMPKIN TORTE.
Pumpkin Torte
6 eggs
1 large can of pumpkin
2 cups of sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp pumpkin spice (I like a little extra)
or 1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
Beat all of the above ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl soften 1 1/2 sticks of butter and mix in one yellow cake mix until crumbly. Sprinkle half of the cake and butter mixture on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the pumpkin mixture over this and then sprinkle the rest of the cake mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
This is fabulous warm with whip cream or ice-cream. But I love it cold as well. If you make it ahead of time just reheat in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes. Don't wait until Thanksgiving! And happy voting.


3 comments:
I am so glad you posted this recipe. I am assuming it is the one you brought to my parent's house. It was delicious. Maybe I will get up the courage to give it a try!
This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it.
It was fun to see you tonight... I hope I didn't offend too many of your students. They were great (good, thoughtful comments)!
Thanks so much for coming to speak! I loved it and thought it really made you look at breastfeeding from a great angle! They were not offended but they are full of good comments and opinion! Thanks again.
Post a Comment