"I often go walking in meadows of clover, and I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue. Dear mother all flowers remind me of you." I think the lyrics of this primary song pass through my mind at the very thought of Mothers Day. I can still smell the sweet blue lilacs, that filled our backyard, as I collected them to give to my own sweet mother on this day. My mother is kind and oh is she good. The best a girl could ask for. I am just hoping to follow in her footsteps.
This was a fun mother/daughter activity at our church. The Swirly Girl Bakery Chef came and taught us how to make cool cupcakes. Did you know you should start the frosting tower in the middle and not on the edge? Me neither. I actually learned a lot of cool little tips, even how to fill the cupcakes with yummy fillings. And that little girls like to cover themselves in frosting!
We also made a really cool "real time card" on the chalkboard. All the girls and moms wrote sweet somethings to each other. I couldn't fit all the things I love about this girl and being her mom on that tiny little chalkboard.


0 comments:
Post a Comment