One of the many things I LOVE about children is their CURIOSITY or natural inquisitive behavior. Before I had even born any of my lovely little creations I wanted to have naturally curious children that loved to learn and explore the world around them. I have always been so curious and interested in just about everyone and everything! It may have been a downfall of mine because I couldn't pin one thing down that I wanted to focus on! My curiosity about people might come across as nosey or at times I may be a little forward but I genuinely love to learn about the story that others possess. Everyone has such a cool unique story and I am curious to know it. And to love them for all the things that have shaped them. Those times my kids discovered ladybugs or felt the cool prickly grass, immediate causing them to raise their toes are some of my favorite moments with them. So simple and so curious. I do feel like I get a repeat on life's experiences through my children, all with a different and hopefully at least a little more wise perspective. Now that they are in school I do catch myself thinking. " Haven't I done all this before?" I have to go through grade school, Jr. High, and High School three more times!!! Hopefully my previous experience in these areas will give me the ability to navigate my three children through school unscathed and still curious about life. Recently I met a women that was 102 years of age. She did not walk with any assistance, was coherent, and sat reading the newspaper. She still seemed curious at 102 and I loved visiting with her, although I did have to yell in her one good ear. There would have to be some powerful force that keeps you alive to 102 years and still interested in life. I hope my children and I never loose a genuine interest in the world and people around us.
A few weeks back we spent the day at the AMAZING new Natural History Museum being curious!

0 comments:
Post a Comment