Tuesday, February 21, 2012

All You Need is LOVE

Valentine's Day gets the big bad reputation of being just another holiday to spend money on more junk! Ahhh...but I think it is a brilliant holiday perfectly placed after Christmas. The holiday season is crazy and I am usually not too sad to see it go but it makes me happy to see signs of LOVE just shortly after the Christmas garb is taken down. Valentine's day is a little ray of sunshine in the middle of a cold long winter. I don't think it is just for sappy lovers, it is for all the loves in our life. We all want, need, look for, depend on LOVE so I am glad there is a day set aside to celebrate it. Here is what LOVE looked like for our family this red holiday.

5 star hotel+5 star restaurant= 10 star ski getaway with my LOVE. Half way through our ski day Spencer traded me skis because mine were feeling terrible. The rest of the day was a breeze. This ski day was monumental, I have been waiting to ski for two years after my knee surgery and now I could fly with no pain! We had such a great time, and I am so grateful to be immersed in love with that man.That is lOVE.
Making 80+ of these bad boys for my kids to exchange on Valentine's day. I found these cute heart shaped slinkies that they all appreciated. THAT IS LOVE.
Baking 100 cookies at Grandmas with these cute people. And a fancy Italian dinner by candle light for the whole crew. Complete with heart shaped breadsticks. THAT IS LOVE.
Volunteering in both Valentine Class Parties! THAT IS LOVE.
Yes there were cards, chocolates, and flowers but mostly there was LOVE!

0 comments: