Well, we hung the stockings, decorated the tree, and made our Christmas bucket list. At the top of that list is something we are all so excited about. A countdown to christmas with RACK (random acts of Christmas kindness.) Each day in December we are trying to do some random act to show kindness. Something we may not normally do, or maybe something we do all the time. And so I want to keep record of this to always remember how much fun we had doing it! A new Snyder tradition that makes us all excited for the true joy of the season.
December 1
I held a food drive in the college courses I teach to donate to the Utah Food Bank. I am always overwhelmed and impressed with the response.
December 2
We attended the Festival of Trees, a fundraiser for the Primary Children's hospital. At the event we purchased handmade wands (something my kids want to get there every year) and handed them to small children. It was amazing to see the surprise and reaction of the parents. And total confusion of the children. Made me realize how stuck we can get in our own world. So simple and so fun.
December 3
We went to dinner with my family to the old Spaghetti factory. With such a big group, and a lot of kids it can be overwhelming for the waiter. So Spencer and I were both on the same page about an unusually large tip for the waiter. I would have loved to see his reaction:)
December 4
This was Sunday so we took homemade banana bread to one of our favorite widows in the ward. She is always saying how much she loves the baked goods we bring her because she doesn't bake much anymore.
December 5
We didn't pass up the ringing salvation army bells and put our dollars inside the red boxes.
December 6
Brighton and I picked an ornament off a tree at the gym and returned later with a gift for a mom and baby to be donated to the Christmas Box House. Brighton was so excited to put the gifts under the tree.
December 7
I was excited to mail a package to France and the Ukraine for my favorite missionaries, my nephew Zack and my niece Natalie. I sent a giant pen to make them laugh and as a symbol of the BIG work they are doing. Along with some other goodies and supplies. I am so proud of them.
I am looking forward to the next 18 days. It really makes me happy to think about random acts of kindness! What a Merry Christmas it is.


(My mom loves the movie "A Christmas Story" so we got a good laugh about this tree and the infamous leg lamp!
(Brighton jumped in this kids picture to give the Jolly Old Elf a hug:)

1 comments:
What a great experience for your kids. :) We've done something similar this year and "adopted" a family that is struggling right now to play Secret Santa to. I love the RACK idea, though, and may just steal it next year. :)
Post a Comment