Monday, February 16, 2009

I HEART Zions!

This year for Valentines we loaded up the Snyder clan and headed south. As we were driving down to Zions National Park we were listening to NPR and their was a story about giving "experiences" rather than "things" for Valentines. For example giving concert tickets, a trip, a date, etc.. I loved this story since this has always been my favorite kind of gift or use of money. I would much rather take a trip than buy something fancy! Spencer and I decided a little family getaway would be great Valentine gift. Zions also has a lot of significance to our love life. Almost 14 years ago I took a trip to Zions with my girlfriends over spring break. Spencer and his friends also had the same idea. It was amongst these majestic red rocks that a little spark ignited and the rest is history! Six years ago Spencer and I spent another Valentine's day in Zions when I was 8 months pregnant with Stella! She loves to hear about this. We have been so many times and explored almost every inch of Zions and I never get tired of this place we love and found love!

We can't skip this great candy store in Springdale on Valentine's Day! I think this was the highlight of the kiddos day. We also mailed Zions postcards with pink cactus flowers to grandparents to celebrate!
All three kids were wide eyed with all this candy, candy, candy!
We also went to the MAMMOTH (six stories high) screen theatre to see the 3D animated film Fly Me to the Moon! This was such a cool spectacle with some history mixed in. Brighton made it through most of the film. Nothing a little reece's pieces can't fix!
This is perhaps Miles favorite pass time..throwing rocks in the river!

Ok, so we didn't exactly escape the snow but 50 degrees felt like spring and the snow was beautiful against the red rock desert!
Tromping through the snow on a great trail!
Checking out the visitor center!

Sprindale is a great little town with lots of fun things to check out like the elk and buffalo farm!

Crossing the bridge to the emerald pool trail.

Here are our super troupers at emerald pools. There were so many cool run off waterfalls!

Exploring the tunnels.

A happy adventuring baby!

So there were a few "THINGS" for Valentines.
Here are my four favorite things! Happy Valentine's Day!




6 comments:

Christie said...

I love Zions too. I need to go find the sunshine somewhere. What a fun trip!

Mama Williams said...

Your family does the coolest stuff! I love Zions and Moab! When our girls were little we used to backpack them around Arches and Canyonlands. Sweet memories.

Lisa R.D. said...

I can't believe we have never taken our kids to Zions. It's in our plans for this year--we'll have to be sure to stop at the candy store in Springdale. I loved your photos!

Jen said...

Looks like fun. I love Zions too. I'm hoping to try with all 3 kiddos next spring.

Rina said...

Lame-O me --I've lived in UTAH all my life and have never been to Zions. How sad for me. It looks like fun and I forcing my husband & kids to go. Your family is quite the travelers. I LOVE it~!

sachia said...

How did I know you were going ot do something super cool for Valentines Day?? Looks like sooooo much fun!

hugs